Sunday, May 1, 2011

Baby kisses and hugs

It is amazing how Nathan has the ability to make me want to send him away with the mailman one minute, but then the next minute he makes me want to cry.

This weekend was tough.  Nate put me through the ringer running me ragged.  He tore apart every nook of the first floor, threw tantrums, threw food, and made me want to pull my hair out.  By the time Dave came home from work this evening I told him to take the child away from me because I needed space.

And then he did two things that melted my heart.  The first happened when I lied down on the couch next to Dave when he sat down.  Nate walked up to me, bent over, and gave me a wet kiss on the lips while saying ahhh!  It was probably the sweetest thing I have ever experienced.  I didn't even ask for the kiss...he chose to do it because HE wanted to. 

Then an hour later...after some more throwing of food and tantrums I sat down on the couch to finally do some school work.  Nate walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me and gave me a big hug.

I always need to remember that when days get tough and I want to crawl in a hole and scream, that Nathan is my sweet and innocent baby that will always give me kisses and hugs.  No matter how hard of a day we have as long as he gives me those kisses and hugs my heart will be strong.  And as long as he keeps doing it I promise to not send him off with the mailman.

No comments:

Post a Comment