Monday, April 11, 2011

Moving forward

I have finally moved forward from the dreaded plateau!  I am not sure what was up the past few weeks but that scale did not want to budge.  Finally this week it moved.  And it moved hard!  I finally hit the 170's!  I have been waiting for this moment since I started my journey.

About 6 years ago I started doing the Weight Watchers points plan with my mom.  I didn't do the meetings or online, just followed her books to know how many points I was allotted and she helped me by cooking and in about a month and a half I got down to my lowest adult weight of 160 lbs.  That was the last time I was truly successful at losing weight.  It didn't last because I stopped exercising, moved here, and stopped caring.

When I started that weight loss I was 177 lbs.  I told myself when I got to 177 lbs from the 200.8 lbs starting point that I had no doubt I could get down to my goal weight of 160.  And today I am at the 177 lbs!  Ok...177.6 but still the same!  I am beyond excited to have lost 23.2 lbs.  I can't believe I have had enough control to make it this far.

So enough of the mushy stuff!
Starting weight: 200.8 lbs
Last week: 180.8 lbs
This week: 177.6 lbs
Loss (gain) this week: -3.2 lbs!
Total loss: 23.2 lbs!!

Goals for this week:
  1. Finish Couch to 5k today!
  2. Begin Gateway to 8k this week.
  3. Keep loading up on water.
  4. Try to not gain at all.
Weight Loss Goals:
  1. Lose 10 lbs - Spa Pedicure (goal accomplished 2/14/11)
  2. Lose 20 lbs - Massage (goal accomplished 4/4/11) (I need to schedule this!)
  3. Lose 30 lbs - New dress and bathing suit for Florida in June
  4. Lose 46 lbs (new goal is 154) - New Coach purse and matching wallet!
    I decided starting next week I will weigh in on Sunday mornings.  I will still post McFatty Monday, but it will be Sunday's numbers.  The reason behind this is that over the next couple months when Dave has a Sunday afternoon game we will go to dinner after as a family, so I would like to not have to worry about the Monday morning weigh in!

    You also may ask why one of my goals is to not gain.  That is because next Saturday we are going with family to the Pork in the Park festival.  It is a huge bbq festival in the area and I plan on enjoying a little bit of eating!  It is ok because the March for Babies is the next day and I will participate in the 5 mile walk which I am sure will work off any crap I eat!  But like I said, I plan on enjoying it.  I will not eat myself into a coma, but I will partake in some pulled pork bbq!

    Well, I hope everyone has a great Monday!  Oh and if you would like to see a proof picture of my 23.2 lb loss, take a look at the post below of me and also one of my handsome husband 23 lbs lighter as well!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment