Monday, March 7, 2011

A life change

I feel like this weight loss journey is a life change for me.  I am not doing this because I want to look good in a bathing suit or shorts this summer, I am doing it because I want to change my life and my child's future.  I want to feel healthy and good about myself in that I am able to accomplish something great.  I want to show my son that if he wants to accomplish something big, he can do it if he really commits.  I also want him to learn how to make healthy choices and to be active from a young age.

This journey is going to be the hardest, but best thing I do for myself.  I will not let myself quit this time, like I have in the past.  I can see and feel the changes in not only my body, but also my spirit.  I feel empowered in what I am doing.  My attitude is different.

An example, as you may have read last week I negotiated a new job with an old employer that let me go two years ago.  Not only did they come back to me after two years out of the blue and just offered me a job, they wanted me so bad that I was able to negotiate a higher position and approximately $11,500 a year more than I am currently making.  Kristina two months ago would not have done that.  She would not have thought she was worth the pushing I did.  She would have taken the first offer, which was $6000 less than the end offer, in the same position she is already doing, and be miserable.

Not anymore...I am worth more than that.  Like I said, I am making a life change.

Last week I signed up for my first 5k.  In previous weight loss tries, Kristina would begin strong, lose around 8 lbs, then quit.  She would begin exercising, then stop because she got sick, and not start again. Not anymore.  I started Couch to 5k, and I am going to finish.  I will run my first 5k in May, and I am so excited for it!  I have no plans to stop after that, I will move on to a 10k, and maybe some day...a half marathon?

I love to run...I could never say that before.  I love putting on my sneakers, and going 3.1 miles in a day.  I love the way my spirit feels, and I love the fist pump in the air that I give when I finish strong and beat my previous 5k time...I am down to 41 minutes!  I love the fact that on Saturday,  for the first time in my life I was able to run 5 minutes straight, three separate times!  Kristina two months ago would have quit at 1 minute.  Not anymore!

So now we get to the stuff you came to see...the numbers!  I am happy to say I did not go crazy at Morton's Steakhouse!  I kept to my plan last week, worked out before, and took my time there...no overeating.  Kristina two months ago would not have done that!  So I did not gain!

Here are the stats!
Starting weight: 200.8 lbs
Last week: 187.6 lbs
This week: 185.6 lbs
Loss (gain) this week: -2 lbs
Total loss: 15.2 lbs!

I think my jaw just about hit the floor this morning!  Only 4.8 lbs until my 2nd goal of 20 lbs!  I have never lost 20 lbs before!  I lost 18 lbs before...but that is it!  I will make it to the 20 lbs and then I will be at my overall halfway point!

Goals for this week:
  1. Keep up water intake...keep on drinking!!
  2. Finish week 4 of C25k and do week 5 day 1 by Saturday
  3. Exercise Train 4 to 5 days this week
  4. Don't eat out more than one time this week
  5. Lose at least 1 lb
  6. Don't stress too much about the transition from old job to new job!
I am feeling great and I hope all of you are too!  I feel strong, and happy, and I plan to keep going!  Ok...and I will admit it...I want to look good in shorts too...

No comments:

Post a Comment