Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wow...I did it!

I did something today that I don't think I have ever done in my entire life...I jogged 20 minutes straight!  Today was the dreaded week 5 day 3 of the Couch to 5K, and it had me stressed out since I finished day 2 on Sunday!  Thinking all the way back to childhood I can honestly say that I have never jogged that long, I always stopped and walked for a bit, but not today!  Today I sucked it up and pushed through.  The people at the gym probably think I am crazy because I talked my way through it..."you can do it you can do it you can do it."  I did that for the last 13 minutes of the jog!

This run came on the perfect day, I was just verbally harassed in the parking lot at work...so I had major frustrations to work out.  I will not even go into what was said...but it was enough to make the average person want to quit their job, so I am glad that I already did!  I needed this run.  As I jogged I told myself at first it was ok if I didn't make it through.  As I got further I said eff that...I am going to go all the way and tell those ignorant people from earlier to SUCK IT!  I just did something today that you will never do in your life because you are miserable and want everyone around you to be miserable.  But not me...and not today!  Today is my day!  Today I transition to the new and better me!

Next week I will be ending with a 25 minute run and then the final 3 weeks will be 25 to 30 minutes...I feel like I can do this!  While 20 minutes was tough...10 minutes is nothing.  So I will look at it as 20 tough minutes and 10 easy minutes!  It may not make sense to anyone else...but I am going with it!

My husband took some pictures this morning for my progress report...I will post them tonight in order from fat to now!  I can see a major difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment