Thursday, January 13, 2011

karma is a biotch part 3...the saga continues

Well last night things came to a head between N and I.  As per one of my mommy commenter's I decided to let the boy cry it out over night.  It was tough but I think over time it will work.  He was able to get himself back to sleep a few times so I think I will keep doing it.

He first woke up at 11:15 pm.  I gave him a drink of water, he threw the cup, so I took it and walked out of his room and closed the door.  He immediately started crying so I went to our room and waited.  After about 15 minutes he was still crying so I went in, lied him back down, told him we were not leaving him and he can relax and go to sleep.  I patted his back for a minute and he calmed down and went to sleep.

He next woke up at 1:22 am.  Again I offered the water, he did not want it, so I left and closed the door.  Again the crying started and lasted for about 10 minutes.  When I checked on him he was lying down snoring so that worked!

Finally at 4:50 am he woke up crying again.  I tried one last time with the water and he again did not want it.  I felt his diaper and it was filled to the brim so I decided if he was going to calm down it would be with a dry diaper.  After I was finished I left again and the crying continued.  15 minutes pass and I go to check on him and of course he pooped (sorry TMI)!  So again I change him and put him to bed, he fell asleep and that lasted a few minutes when finally I realized there was no more sleeping.

So at 5:40 am I gave in and took him down to watch Sesame Street.  He then proceeded to fall asleep on me on the couch!  Of course he would when we only have 1/2 an hour before I need to get up to get ready!

All in all I think it was pretty successful.  I decided to let him cry it out because either way we do things there is no sleep and we had not tried this yet.  Hopefully we can get somewhere with this!  Now I just have to keep D from caving tonight when the boy starts crying...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear it's helping. I'll cross my fingers it will continue to be better over the weekend! It's hard but so worth it in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete